Maintenance Assistant/Event Staff
Long-term, full-time, dependable maintenance assistant/event staff position available. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends. Job duties to include maintenance of Ranch equipment, facilities and vehicles, light repairs on same, setting up for events, working events and maintenance of Site Rentals buildings and equipment. More duties involved on an as-needed basis. Long hours and overtime are common during peak seasons of spring and fall. Very versatile, enjoyable environment including a great staff to work with!
Position requires ability to work nights and weekends. Some lifting is required; the perfect candidate should be a self-starter who is able to work independently. Candidate should be punctual, dependable, professional in every manner and personable in customer service. Position is a long term, full-time, permanent position. Paid training begins immediately.
Email Kristi Farquar or apply in person at the George Ranch Historical Park’s Visitor Center. The George Ranch Historical Park is located at 10215 FM 762, Richmond, Texas 77469.
PART TIME TRACTOR DRIVEN TRAM DRIVER
2-3 days a week 8:30-5:30. Some Saturdays. Perfect for Retiree or College Student. Please apply in person at the Visitor Center
or contact Anna Hopkins.
The Park is looking for a Cowboy to help share the history of the Ranch through cattle demonstrations, public programming and school programs. This full-time, hourly position includes medical insurance, paid sick leave, holiday time and paid vacation days.
- Participate in daily 1930s inspired cattle demonstrations which include ranch style roping and ground work as well as dipping vat demonstrations with the Park longhorn steers.
- Perform daily chores including, but not limited to cleaning stalls, sweeping barns, repairing fences, moving and stacking hay and 50 pound feed bags, driving cattle and feeding and watering livestock.
- Share the history of the Ranch with guests of all ages during cattle demonstrations, public programing and school programs. Participate fully in school programs and take on role as educator and instructor.
- 3 years+ experience with horses and cattle. Basic roping skills, on the ground and off horseback, are required.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate and educate large crowds about ranching history.
Interested candidates can call the Ranching Heritage Site Lead Lauren Samuelsen at 281-343-0218 ext. 254 or email her Lauren Samuelsen. Applications can be picked up and submitted in person at 10215 FM 762, Richmond, Tx 77469.
Gregarious and lively interpreters needed to help bring 100 years of Ranch history to life. Successful candidates will be outgoing and eager to share knowledge and experiences with visitors of all ages, and from all over the world. Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work with people from wide backgrounds. Will possess an interest in local and Texas history and be comfortable handling large groups of students. Tues – Saturday, Part-Time. Send resume to Krystal Willeby.
Other opportunities within the Fort Bend History Association
Click here for employment opportunities at the Fort Bend Museum.