Summer Hands-On History
George Ranch Summer Schedule
Summer 2023 | 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Get hands-on with history this summer at the George Ranch Historical Park with our GRITS team! These special hands-on experiences will rotate on a weekly basis all summer long. Cost is included with general admission! Want to book your group of 15 or more to visit the Park on a specific date during the summer? E-mail our Education Coordinator or call 281-343-0218 x220.
- May 30 – June 3: Felting at the 1830s
- June 6 – June 10: Soap Making & Soap Carving at the 1860s
- June 13 – June 17: Paper Flowers & Flower Language at the 1890s
- June 20 – June 24: Tending the Victory Garden at the 1930s
- June 27 – July 1: Leather Working with the Cowboys
- July 5 – July 8: Rope Making at the 1830s
- July 11 – July 15: Fan Making & Fan Language at the 1860s
- July 18 – July 22: Rag Dolls at the 1890s
- July 25 – July 29: Flip Book Animation at the 1930s