Guy Lodge Hall
The Guy Lodge Hall is Texas all the way — wooden floors, a punched tin ceiling and stenciled walls. It was built in 1911 as a dance hall and was moved to its present location in the 1980s and restored to its original appearance. The Lodge Hall can seat up to 125 people comfortably; tenting for up to 400 guests can be arranged in the South Yard at an additional charge.
HISTORY OF THE 1913 GUY LODGE HALL
Lodge No. 112, F.B. Zdrubek, Guy, Fort Bend County
The Guy Lodge was organized as a division of the SPJST (Slovanska Podporujici Jednota Statu Texas) on April 6, 1913, by a group of interested pioneers gathered in the home of Josef and Rosa Mikeska. They chose the designation “F. B. Zdrubek.”
The members voted to meet on the second Sunday of each month; the first meeting took place on May 11, 1913, in the Guy schoolhouse. The most important result of this first meeting was the decision to build a lodge hall. Because of a shortage of funds, it was decided to erect a building jointly with the local lodge of the Woodmen of the World. The first dance sponsored by Lodge 112 in the new hall took place on July 4, 1913, and the formal opening occurred on September 27 of that same year.
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the SPJST, Lodge 112 joined with Lodges 70, 108, and 81, and held a celebration in the Guy Hall on July 4, 1922. Method Pazdral of West and C. H. Chernosky of Rosenberg were the principal speakers. The Needville Presbyterian Church Choir, under the direction of Reverend J. R. Vilt, rendered songs. The Guy Sokol Unit performed and the Guy Brass Band furnished the music.
On June 12, 1927, the lodge hall was sold to R. G. Foss for $550, half of which went to the Woodmen of the World. Foss moved the building in 1929 and remodeled it extensively. The lodge continued holding its meetings there, as well as sponsoring many activities for the community such as Czech plays and gymnastic groups. On January 14, 1940, the lodge bought back the hall and 1½ acres from R. G. Foss for the sum of $2,005. The lodge hall was sold on April 9, 1978. Lodge meetings were moved to Kolar’s Corral in Guy.